Do you want to be part of the Electric Vehicle revolution and have a positive impact on the planet by creating real products people use every day?
We believe great teams are key to building extraordinary products. People who are always looking for ingenious solutions for complex problems. What about you? We are currently looking for a like-minded front end software developer to join us on a permanent basis, with passion and drive to change the electric car charging industry and to help society transition to cleaner air 🌍.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young, ambitious, well-funded, start-up and work closely with the company founders in a fast pace and exciting environment. You will be one of the first 5 employees of the company. This means you will have the opportunity to shape the product for the years to come.
You will learn and develop software using our chosen development platform (if you don’t have prior experience, training will be provided). We are looking for attitude and a growth mindset.
Paua makes public electric vehicle charging simple. 🔌 🚗 We enable more people to use electric vehicles by enabling drivers to find, charge and pay via one single platform and across multiple charging networks. You will jump into the deep end of the “EV charging pool” and learn fast in this exciting and fast-growing space 🚀 Transport is the biggest source of emissions in the UK today and we are on a mission to address this challenge.
Paua is an award-winning company, a member of the Tech Nation Net Zero 2.0 cohort and part of the Ordnance Survey accelerator Geovation. We have truly embraced remote working having been born in Covid but like to get together each week at our Geovation co-working space in Farringdon, London.
Would you like to…
- See direct impact on how your skills make people’s life better and help fleets transition to cleaner transportation quicker
- Make our apps look awesome and easy to use! We currently have mobile and reactive web apps.
- Collaborate with senior developers and product managers (agile team) to achieve team goals
- Shape user experience and user interface design (mobile and reactive)
- Develop front end for our mobile app and reactive site
- Build a developer community
- Test apps to make sure the features work as intended
- Debug code and troubleshoot errors
- Engage with Paua agile software development methodology
- Consistently develop high quality software to committed dates
- Ensure all software development tools are kept up to date
- Help shape the product roadmap and execute on the plan
- Coordinate and lead our user research
- Undergo necessary training and achieve certain professional development milestones
- Bring your own thinking and challenge the technical team
- Support the wider business to grow and scale (at times you may have to support us with tasks other than software development)
We would like you to…
- Have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels
- Be able to create beautiful looking apps that users find intuitive
- Be self-motivated and have keen attention to detail
- Be open to learn new technical skills 🎓
- Ask for help when needed. We value honesty
- Be passionate about puzzles and solving problems
- Embrace simplicity
- Want to make products people love ❤
- Have an IT / software ./ development qualification or previous front-end development (or other relevant) experience
- Have experience with:
- Google Developer Tools (must have)
- mobile and responsive apps (highly desired)
- design and prototype tools, example: Photoshop, XD, Sketch, Invision or Figma (not mandatory)
- Google maps (not mandatory)
- SCSS/SASS, SQL, NodeJS (not mandatory)
- Have a full clean driving licence (we sometimes require chargers tested in the field with our company EV)
Please don’t be put off by this list – if you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you and will adapt the role for a candidate with the right attitude.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org or just submit the information using the form below.
Reference ID: Front End Developer Paua
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Start ASAP
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- EMI share options scheme
- 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Have your Birthday off (in addition to annual leave)
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car leasing (coming soon!)
- Join a market leading experienced team making a real difference to driver experience
- Anywhere in the UK (we do like to get the team together at least once a week at our co-working space in London)