Do you want to be part of the Electric Vehicle revolution and have a positive impact on the planet by creating real products people use every day?
We believe great teams are key to building extraordinary products. People who are always looking for ingenious solutions for complex problems. What about you? We are currently looking for a like-minded graduate software developer to join us on a permanent basis, with passion and drive to change the electric car charging industry and to help society transition to cleaner air 🌍.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a young, ambitious, well-funded, start-up and work closely with the company founders in a fast pace and exciting environment. You will be one of the first 5 employees of the company. This means you will have the opportunity to shape the product for the years to come.
You will learn and develop software using our chosen development platform (if you don’t have prior experience, training will be provided). We are looking for attitude and a growth mindset.
Paua makes public electric vehicle charging simple. 🔌 🚗 We enable more people to use electric vehicles by enabling drivers to find, charge and pay via one single platform and across multiple charging networks. You will jump into the deep end of the “EV charging pool” and learn fast in this exciting and fast-growing space 🚀 Transport is the biggest source of emissions in the UK today and we are on a mission to address this challenge.
Paua is an award-winning company, a member of the Tech Nation Net Zero 2.0 cohort and part of the Ordnance Survey accelerator Geovation. We have truly embraced remote working having been born in Covid but like to get together each week at our Geovation co-working space in Farringdon, London.
Would you like to…
- Make our mobile app, web apps and microservices (APIs) awesome! We currently have mobile and reactive web apps
- Bring your own thinking and challenge the technical team
- Collaborate with senior developers and product managers (agile team) to achieve team goals
- Review and improve our software data model
- Develop software applications features / logic (both front end and back end)
- Refactor software (streamlining our code to make it easier to scale)
- Test apps to make sure the features work as intended
- Debug code and troubleshoot errors
- Support the wider business to grow and scale and at times support with tasks other than software development which could include things like driving to chargepoints to test charging
- Engage with Paua agile software development methodology
- Consistently develop high quality software to committed dates
- Ensure all software development tools are kept up to date continuously
- Follow and contribute to product roadmap
- Participate in user research
- Undergo necessary training and achieve professional development milestones
- May be good if you like the colour pink also!
We would like you to…
- Have strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels
- Be self-motivated
- Have keen attention to detail
- Be able and willing to learn new technical skills 🎓
- Not be afraid to ask for help. We value honesty
- Love puzzles and solving problems
- Enjoy tinkering and taking things apart
- Be passionate about building products people love ❤
- An IT / software / development qualification or previous app/website development experience. Or you could just be incredibly motivated to get into software development
- Have exposure to:
- data model creation and data management (SQL preferred)
- REST APIs (highly desired)
- mobile app development
- web app development
- backend development
- know how to work with design and photo-editing software (desirable)
- Have a full clean driving licence (so you can drive our electric car to chargers to test them)
- Be fluent in English
Please don’t be put off by this list – if you’re interested, we’d love to hear from you and will adapt the role for a candidate with the right attitude.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter (optional) to firstname.lastname@example.org or just submit the information using the form below.
Reference ID: Grad Developer Paua
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per year (depending on experience)
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- EMI share options scheme (following probation)
- 28 days annual leave (inc. bank holidays)
- Have your Birthday off (in addition to annual leave)
- Salary sacrifice scheme for electric car leasing (coming soon!)
- Join a market leading experienced team making a real difference to driver experience
- Monday to Friday – we have some fixed hours but are pretty flexible
- Anywhere in the UK (we do like to get the team together at least once a week at our co-working space in London)